Choose a head covering

Friday, April 9, 2010

6 month check up

Well it has been 6 months since my last chemo treatment. I feel much better than I did while going through treatments I still have a ways to go until I feel good. I've started walking about 3 weeks ago. At first only to the top of the street (a total of 3 houses) and now I'm almost walking a mile. I think the exercise has helped. The muscle pain in my legs is almost completely gone and the stomach pain is better. But I still get light-headed and have tightness in my chest after the walks. But I'm hopefully the "exercise" will continue to help me feel better.

I had a CAT scan on Wed. Nothing has really changed. The tumor is still there. The doctor thinks it is dead and just scar tissue that needs to break down. No sign of growth which would mean it is alive. The only way to truly know if it is dead is to do surgery which he didn't recommend and I don't want to do. I have another appointment to do a physical exam and blood work in 3 months and another scan in 6 months.

1 comment: