Choose a head covering

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chemo week 2

I sure some of you were worried I may have kill myself after the last post. Nope still here ;-) Week 2 has been better, not good, but better. I stopped taking the nausea medicine on Sat. because it wasn't working. By Monday my stomach started feeling better, I don't know if the effect of chemo wore off or the medicine was making me feel bad. The doctor basically told me if I was vomiting then my nausea wasn't that bad!

The fog in my head has also lifted mostly. They told me about "Chemo Brain" which they said I would be forgetful. But I wasn't really forgetful it was just hard to concentrate on anything. I've worked full days starting on Friday. I'm not 100% but I'm getting work accomplished. Trust me when you are programming you need to concentrate. I inserted an example below for those of you who have never seen code.

So I'm hopeful that maybe I'll only have 1 bad week out of every 3. My white blood cells will crash from days 10 to 14 and I'm supposed to be more tired. That hasn't happened yet.

Code to compare 2 files: (This is the simple stuff)

public static void compareFiles(String imdataDir, String imbdatDir) {

BufferedReader brImdata = null;
BufferedReader brImbdata = null;
int fileCnt = 0;

esrExtentions.add(".esr");

try {
File[] fileNames = filesToProcess(imdataDir, esrExtentions);

for (int x = 0; x < fileNames.length; x++) {
File fileImdata = fileNames[x];

fileCnt++;
if (fileCnt % 100 == 0 ) {
System.out.println("Files Processed " + fileCnt);
}

File fileImbdata = getBdataFile(imbdatDir + "\\" + fileImdata.getName());

if (fileImbdata.isFile()) {

boolean isFileDif = false;
int lineCnt = 0;

brImdata = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(fileImdata));
brImbdata = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(fileImbdata));
String lineImdata = null;
String lineImbdata = null;

while ((lineImdata = brImdata.readLine()) != null) {
lineCnt++;
lineImbdata = brImbdata.readLine();
if (lineCnt > 1) {
if (lineImbdata != null) {
if (!lineImdata.equals(lineImbdata)) {
System.out.println("line # " + lineCnt + " " + lineImdata);
System.out.println("line #B " + lineCnt + " " + lineImbdata);
isFileDif = true;
}

} else {
isFileDif = true;
}
}
}
if (brImbdata.readLine() != null) {
isFileDif = true;
}
if (isFileDif) {
System.err.println(" File is different " + fileImdata.getName());
}

brImdata.close();
brImbdata.close();
}

}

} catch (IOException ioe) {
ioe.printStackTrace();
}

}

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bob,
    Thank you for the update. Several of my friends had "chemo brain" so I understand the not being able to concentrate or possible forgetfullness. You are in my family's prayers every day. I think that sometimes the chemo may affect your snse of taste, but hopefully not your sense of humor. Take care, love and prayers - Kathy Welsh

    ReplyDelete